No one can ever say no to a plate full of chocolate chip cookies…am sure you are in the club too. A beautiful crunchy cookie with cartloads of chocolate chunks. See only imagining is so divine, picture baking yourself and indulging in this surreal experience. This simple recipe further makes the journey more delicious. Chilling the dough is the tip that makes it sooooo good!
Two heavenly things, chocolate chips and cookies, can anything go wrong? Not even on the rarest, bluest moon. Chocolate chip cookies are the perfect answer, the expression, the compliment, the companion of everything under the sun. It is a solace after a tiring day, cheers you up when you are low and adds crunch to any celebration. It is the ideal confidante of me time or itsy bitsy snack time. Master this recipe and create your own chocolate chip memory!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preparation Time:1 hour 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 115g butter
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2.5g baking soda
- 140g chocolate chips
- 140g chocolate chunks
- Sift the flour and baking soda together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until mixed well.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour and baking soda) to form a dough.
- Once everything is incorporated well, add in the chocolate chips and chunks. Side note – save some chocolate chunks to place them on the cookies after shaping
- Chill the dough for an hour. If you are into less crispy cookies, chill it for two hours or more!
- Preheat oven to 170 °C
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out the dough evenly on the parchment paper leaving 3 inches between each scoop.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool for 20 minutes and savour them with some ice cream or milk.